Wednesday, February 22, 2012
Madeleine's Room
Now that were are having a girl, I didn't hold back on making the room more fun and girly.
My sister Sheila helped me paint the trees on the walls. All the other details I painted.
My Dad and mostly my mom helped me make two owl tie blankets. One for each girl.
I hand-sewed the feather boas and butterflies to the curtain. My mother-in-law helped me make the curtain darker.
I crocheted and sewed all the details on the pillow owls and also on the bookends but my Mother-in-law, Wendy, sewed the body of the owl for me once I had it cut and pinned for her.
I crocheted a spider pattern I made up around the ceiling fan/light switches. And placed some on the shelf and wall. Madeleine loves spiders.
I built the wall shelves myself.
I am very pleased with how it turned out and that it is done. YEAH!!! I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Wow! What a fun room! Its beautiful! Debbie, you did a fantastic job! Way to go!
ReplyDeleteSo adorable! your humble Deb but you have a lot of talent. Love love the trees.
ReplyDelete